Friday, June 6, 2008

Ten Amazing Years: A Dream Come True


Look at that sweet, peaceful face. Our Benjamin. I was holding him in the hospital just like that, with tears streaming down my face, when Lee came over and asked, "Did you get what you wanted?" He knows joyful tears when he sees them.

What I wanted? Oh, and for how long???

What young woman doesn't dream of being a wife and a mom? Well, maybe a few, but I wasn't one of them. There were a few men along the way, but none of them was for keeps.

But there is a God who is for keeps. THE one and only SURE THING. And after a trip to Haiti my senior year in college, I was hooked on following this God wherever He took me. So my twenties were pretty adventurous, and then when I turned 31 I found myself about to board a plane to Central Asia for two years. I think this is when it occurred to me that the wife and mom dream might never be a reality for me. So I got on the plane and left my dream in God's hands.

God could have kept that dream and still remained His faithful self. But the day I first held Benjamin was the day I realized my dreams had been returned to me completely. Even beyond my imagination. He is a faithful keeper of dreams.

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory..." Ephesians 3:20-21

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

What a beautiful post! Yes, you get your contest entry for commenting.. but if you we pull your name, you want to make sure that SITS button is on your site!

Thanks so much for supporting the other blogger!

Anonymous said...

God has a way of doing that with our dreams. We always get them back but better then we dreamed them.

Michele said...

Tracy, I honestly have never been happier to hear someone was pregnant than when you were due with Benjamin (except myself, of course)!