Friday, June 27, 2008

Ten Amazing Years: I Had No Idea


June 27, 1998

Dear Sweet Man,

On the day we married, I had no idea.

I had no idea what romance awaited us or how many ways we would experience God’s faithfulness together.

I had no idea how much I would treasure your godly character and integrity until I saw our tiny Benjamin, gazing into your eyes and wanting to be just like you.

I had no idea what an anchor your steady consistency would be until I saw the confidence growing in our sweet Bethany’s face each time you held her hand.

I had no idea that being a family together with you would bring so much laughter and such intense joy.

I had no idea that the simple moments of walking and chatting or being goofy at home would often bring as much pleasure as the monumental ones.

I had no idea that I could fall in love with you all over again, deeper than before, each time I learned something new about you by what you did or said.

If someone had tried to tell me, my heart wouldn’t have been big enough to hold the truth of it.

The funny thing is, it will happen again, and when it does, I’ll still be amazed.

You are the surprise of a lifetime.

8 comments:

-Bridget said...

Oh, that is such a sweet tribute!

A Thinker said...

Happy Anniversary! Wonderful video and post.

~Billie~ said...

Happy Anniversary!! What a great video. You have a gorgeous family!

Jess NBP said...

thats lovely.. oh and yes im a clicker especially having a lap full of little me's.. i am only able to use one hand. lol typing one handed has become my specialty.

Deborah said...

What a beautiful family you have. God has truly blessed you. Congratulations.

StitchinByTheLake said...

This was a beautiful post and I loved reading it and watching your pictures. I have been married almost 44 years and know that the key to a good marriage is taking God with you on your journey. It is obvious that you have done that. Congratulations and blessings, marlene

Rela Pantaleon said...

Hi Tracy...just poking around the sidebar and got here! What a beautiful song - perfect for the family shown here, yours!

Anonymous said...

Well, I just spent the past hour working my way through your latest blog entries, and I'm so impressed. I must admit that I shed a few tears during the Clint Black family slideshow.

You're an inspiration, Tracy! If I only had a quarter of your energy and an ounce of your positive spirit. You epitomize Grace!

Sarah