Wednesday, April 1, 2009

This Joke's on Me

When I was a young adult living at home for a few months, I was out late the night before April Fool's day. My grandma happened to be spending the night, and she and my mom were both asleep when I got home, or so I thought. I went to put on my pajamas, and could not get my hands through the end of the sleeves. It took me a minute to realize they had sewn them shut with fishing line! It was so funny! But I didn't make any noise, and my gag back to them was that they never got any reaction out of me. :-) Today I'm going to try something similar on my kids. I'll keep you posted.

Last night I posted on my Facebook that I was looking for April Fool's ideas, and my awesome friend Laura posted this link. It has some great ideas!  Have fun!

And now, here is nature's April Fool on all of us here on the tundra...

6 comments:

Caroline said...

That's a good idea! Sneaky granny and mom! I always like short-sheeting people's beds - it makes for a good laugh. The best joke by far I played was not on April Fool's but would definitely work today. You get some orajel and squeeze it down into the bristles of the toothbrush. They can't see it and when they apply the toothpaste and begin to brush, they can't understand why their mouth is suddenly numb. Its hilarious!

Betty said...

haha, funny! I hope your prank works out today! Can´t wait to hear about it.

Destini said...

Too funny!
I've always been tempted to try some of the food things in the family fun magazine. They substitute different foods to make them look like something else. sounds lame here, but funny in the magazine when you see the recipes and pictures :)

Joy said...

I'm so curious to know what you did.

My neighbor told me that her mother taught her daughter (the granddaughter) how to sew using a needle and thread by sewing up the fly in all of the dad's boxers. (her son in laws) He was a great sport about it though.
That was a great story about what your mom and grandmother did.

Joy

Marrdy said...

I love April Fools jokes. But I can never think of anything...I've been got twice today!

Aunt Julie said...

Funny! I was thinking of doing an AF post, but couldn't come up with anything creative enough. Thanks for sharing!