Monday, April 13, 2009

Glorious!


We had a great Easter!  As you can see, I had a hard time deciding which pictures would illustrate that best.  There was the egg dyeing, which is always one of my favorites.  My only complaint this year is that I think I only got to dye two.  Will someone remind me next year to cook extra and hide them until the kids are finished?  They just took over, as though this whole thing was for them.  Ahem.

Then there was church.  We went to Maundy Thursday at our church, and then a Good Friday drama at a big church in our area, and Sunday morning we took part in both of the services (a perk of being involved with the music).  The kids really paid attention, and it seemed like they were able to take in way more of the meaning of all of the events of the week than they ever had before.  Worshiping with them was such a blessing!

After church we went to my sister's for dinner and the annual egg hunt.  But wait!  This was no traditional egg hunt here on the tundra because of something unprecedented:  we were OUTSIDE!!  Oh, Easter was GLORIOUS this year!  It truly was.  I'm exhausted.  And very satisfied.

7 comments:

Joy said...

I can't believe hunting eggs in shorts and short sleeves!!! Yea for you all. So happy the weather cooperated.
The eggs turned out so pretty and colorful. And you all looked so pretty too for church. Glad you had a wonderful and glorious Easter Celebration.

Joy

Tracy P. said...

Well just so you know what shorts weather is here--it was 60º. But it was mild, and the sun makes a big difference. We've got 60's in the forecast all week, and we are HAPPY!

Jen said...

What great eggs! We discovered that now that age has no place when dying eggs. I think we had more fun then the kids and we have learned the art of using the wax crayon. It's great to see you had a wonderful time and beautiful weather.

Betty said...

I glad you had such good weather! The pic´s look like you had a great Easter!

Julie said...

those eggs look great!

Aunt Julie said...

I think Easter might be my favorite holiday. Something about the rebirth of just about everything, you know? Love the mosaic. All of life's possibilities are out there for all to see!

Mammatalk said...

What a great collage. It really shows the joy! Glad you had a lovely time. :+)