Thursday, August 21, 2008

Wow! Just wow.


Holy buckets!  What a big day I had yesterday!!  Many thanks to Debbie at Blog Around the World for taking us on this whirlwind tour. And, thanks to all the friends who stopped in from all over the world for your kind words! You guys are awesome. As my husband would say, it was sort of like drinking out of a fire hydrant.  (He's from Georgia, where there is a pithy little saying for everything!) Couldn't keep up with all the good stuff coming my way.  

While you were hanging out at the fair gawking at admiring the butter sculptures, I was traveling around the world trying to visit you back.  That was the really amazing part!  What a fine bunch of people you are, making a difference on your pieces of the globe.  I had visitors that came through BATW from 27 states, plus Alberta and British Columbia, Chile, Paraguay and Hungary.  How cool is that!  If you haven't signed up for the tour yet, go on and do it! (There's even still time to enter the welcome contest.)

One of the things I saw on a few of your blogs got me thinking.  I am not one to be very excited to write purely about myself on my blog, but in case you come back to see what I'm like on a normal day, this seems like a good way to introduce myself.  After all, I so enjoyed getting to know you.  So here goes:

I AM ... first and foremost a child of God.

I WANT... more people to know His love and the grace He extended through His Son, Jesus.

I HAVE ... lived overseas for four years of my life, and in doing so have actually travelled around the world, arriving at Bangkok, Thailand from both east and west.

I WISH I COULD ... follow through on every act of kindness that ever crossed my mind!

I HATE ... destruction of all kinds--physical, emotional, spiritual.

I FEAR ... being misunderstood.

I HEAR ... giggling from my kids and husband frequently, and find it pure ecstasy!

I SEARCH ... for ways to really make my life count, but then too often spin my wheels in the searching instead of just picking something and doing it.

I DON'T THINK ...God is worried about that. (Or anything else, for that matter.)

I REGRET ... the fact that when I witness the destruction I hate, I tend to react in anger and perpetuate the cycle.

I LOVE ... my family to pieces!

I ACHE FOR ... people to understand each other better and be respectful in the midst of disagreement.

I ALWAYS CRY ... when I hear kids sing about Jesus. (But I did amazingly well during THIS...)

I AM NOT ... graceful, or good at anything that requires hand-eye coordination.

I DANCE ...with my husband once a year. While we are decorating for Christmas, I put on Amy Grant's Christmas CD and make him dance to Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree with me. We laugh the whole time, and Bethany gets jealous.

I SING ... alto on the praise team at church. It's one of my very favorite things to do in the whole wide world.

I NEVER ... say never.

I RARELY ... turn on the TV.

I CRY WHEN I WATCH ... Olympians who cry through medal ceremonies, and those who are disappointed.

I AM NOT ALWAYS ... on top of my game.

I HATE THAT ... I am not always on top of my game.

I'M CONFUSED ABOUT ... why so many Christians seem to treat their citizenship in the kingdom of God and their citizenship in the United States as though they are the same thing.

I NEED ... to wrap this up.

I SHOULD ... clean my house. Right now! But there are about eight of you I haven't visited yet, so I've got a real dilemma on my hands.

Any questions?

16 comments:

Aunt Julie said...

This is great! If I did this list today, though, it would all revolve around the BIG MESS I've made during my Gardening Extravaganza! I'm really enjoying the Blog Jaunt, too. Debbie is such a peach!

Jen said...

What a great list of info of such a wonderful person, you.

I'm going to have to copy this list and post it myself.

Rela Pantaleon said...

Hear, hear!

You've got a visitor from Austin, TX, but who really comes from the Philippines - so count another country in!v

Hippie Family... said...

thanks so much for coming by our place today.. it's a long day catching up with all these comments!! I just re-read yours from yesterday and today.. There is a morning show that plays a song called "big butter Jesus" it's out on u-tube and pretty funny, you should check it out if you can.. but next time you go to the state fair you may have it stuck in your head like I do now
:)
Tricia

Kathi Roach said...

This is a sweet post. I was just coming by to say thanks again for stopping by my blog...didn't it just blow you away????

Have a great weekend. :)

Debbie said...

Truly brilliant. Truly Brilliant. I am so glad you had a great day the other day. You have been one of my biggest cheerleaders, and I truly appreciate that. I want everyone else to know what a great blogger you are!

Kori said...

Your list is wonderful. And thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and for your kind words.

Jen said...

Oh I am sorry that I missed your day. But there is my comment love to you. Glad that you had fun. I always enjoy stopping by here.

Britt said...

No questions, just a thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to visit me :o) Now that my kidlets are in bed, I can relax and catch up on your entries. Fun fun!

oh, and totally in agreement about the crying when kids sing about Jesus. My daughter loves singing the praise song 'Enough' and it always makes me teary. Something about a two year old declaring He's enough for her .. beautiful :o)

Destini said...

Wow! You've been busy! I had a lotof reading to do! very sweet posts...

Caroline said...

You are so good about getting back to people. I found it impossible to respond to everyone after my big day over at SITS. You are a better woman Tracy P. What a great post. I just finished my "I" post tonight and scheduled it for sometime early next week. Hope you have a great weekend!

Gina said...

Hey, I'm late to the party, but I'm putting you on my blogroll so I can come directly back- and often.
I lived outside of Atlanta for 4 years. I got the thing about the fire hose. I lived about a mile and a half from The Big Chicken. Ask your husband.

Briana said...

Thanks for coming to visit me! Love you blog. I think your Christmas Dance is the loveliest thing ever! *hugs*

Aubrey said...

What a great list!

The verse you have up from Ps 94:18-19 brought tears to my eyes. I've been going thru a lot with my daughter and sometimes I need to be reminded that HE is there for me.

Susie said...

It is kind of overwhelming isn't it? I am in the hot seat today. Thanks for stopping by with your cool comments:-)

Betty said...

Wow! I learned a lot about you. Can I use this in my blog? It´s a great way to introduce yourself to new readers.
Thanks for visiting my blog!