Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fancy That!

Look at that!  Hot Tub Lizzy gave me an award!  That was very sweet.  She loves me because she just moved away from our humble state after spending 31 years of her life here, and I know what pronto pups and lefse are.  And I say you guys.  Lucky me. Come by any day for your fix, Lizzy!

The rules of this award are:
1. The winner can put the logo on his/her blog.
2. Link the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs of the people you’ve nominated

I'm sure I could nominate a lot of people, but I'm just picking the first seven blogs I love that come to mind right away.  If I didn't live in a neighborhood I love, I would want my block to be lined with these people.  And of course, I would want Lizzy too.

Melissa@Mel's Musings  She is one of my real life friends who introduced me to the whole idea of blogging in the first place.  Thanks, Melissa!  I love you for more than your blog.

"Blessings Marlene"@Stitchin' By the Lake  Every neighborhood needs a grandma!  Marlene is such an encourager, and wherever she goes she signs her comments "Blessings, Marlene". Marlene, you ARE a blessing!

Givinya de Elba@Killing a Fly With a Ukulele... is Probably the Wrong Thing to Do Givinya is from Australia, and she makes me laugh 'til I snort.  She shares my love for all things Pooh, as I immediately recognized in the Post of Many Capitalized Words...

Caroline (a.k.a. Ms. Congeniality)@Pocket Change  Caroline is always up to something fun or silly, and she loves Jesus too.  I see her smiling face all over the place, and it always makes me smile right back at her. Caroline called my attention to the fact that my feed wasn't updating and told me how to fix it. That's the blog equivalent of telling someone they have food stuck between their two front teeth.  It's so important to know who your REAL friends are!

Debbie@This is the Life  OK, lots of people know and love Debbie, but when I "met" her I thought I was reading my own blog for a minute.  She's almost as old as me, with kids about the same ages as mine.  Her blog is beautiful, funny and encouraging.  She should seriously live next door to me.

Destini@A Glimpse of Destini I found Destini when we both visited a certain "Blogger's Blog of Note".  She left the kindest comment and offered her prayers.  She came back later and offered more encouragement and prayer.  She should live on the other side.  I need a neighbor who would see my kids doing what kids do outside and pray for me...and them!

Kelsie@Snazzy Cakes by Kelsie would top the neighborhood off perfectly as the ultimate babysitter.  Except that she loves to bake and I'm afraid she would feed my kids too much sugary goodness!  She makes gorgeous cakes AND Webkinz cookies and...well, I could say more, but why bother?  What a doll!

That's my Blogosphere Fantasy Neighborhood.  Blessings to all of you ladies who are lighting up your corners of the world.

11 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

Thankyou Tracy, such an honour. I'm not sure I'd know which seven blogs to pick! Hm, perhaps a job for some other day soon?

Destini said...

awww, thanks Tracy! I appreciate the honor of being in your neighborhood! I will play along and post my 7 nominees most likely sometime next week as I'm getting ready for a long 4 day weekend beginning tonite! Thanks again!

Caroline said...

Tracy P, thank you for my leetle present! You always have the kindest things to say about people. I will get this up, probably within the next couple of days. I have been inundated with ideas for posts and I'm taking advantage of it since this doesn't always happen. I've been writing then scheduling posts, so this will join the line-up, but sooner rather than later of course. Thanks again!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you liked your award!! I would LOVE to live on the same block as you. Heck - if I'd known about you I might not have left Minnesota!!

Melissa Mae said...

Tracy, Tracy, Tracy.... you are so much farther into the blogging world than will EVER be! :) I'm humbled (and slightly ashamed) by your nomination. It's the kind of ashamed you feel when you have a drop-in visitor and your house is a complete mess! I haven't posted in awhile and have like six posts that are so late and just waiting for me to spend time on them. My version of the "I love your blog" will have to join the list of upcoming posts. But nonetheless, I'm honored to have such a wonderful "real life" friend in you AND your blog to read. You are so good at it! Love you!

Kelsie said...

Whoo-Hoo! Thanks :)

I think my mom says the same thing about feeding her kids too many sweets :P

Aubrey said...

Getting these little awards is so much fun! It's even more fun to pass them on!

Thanks for coming by my blog and visiting the great state of Colorado!

Gramma 2 Many said...

Stopping by to thank you for coming to see me on Monday BATW. Wasn't it fun? I hope you have made all of your rounds. I am still working on it, but have to finish up tonight so I can go away for the weekend. Had a great time getting to know you and hope you will find time to visit me again.
Thanks again.

Kathi Roach said...

Yea!! Congrats to you!

Love the pix of your son...my guys play football too! I think they look soooo cute in their full gear.

Have a great weekend.

Tamie said...

what a cute award...hopefully someday it will make the rounds to my neck of the woods. i'm glad that you liked the tour of colorado from yesterday, so thanks for visiting my place.
and thank you for the nice compliment on my header phot (its of the three boys in my life....)

Debbie said...

Wait a minute!!! Thank you so much not only for the award but for all the really nice things you said about me!!! And I am older than you aren't I??? I'm 44 almost, gasp, 45!!! I thought I was older than everyone in the blogosphere! Thanks so much!