Friday, January 6, 2012

City Museum, St. Louis

DSC_5168

It's nine hours from our house to St. Louis.  We know it well.

DSC_5156

The kids don't ask us to stop, because they are highly motivated
to get to the first destination on our two day journey.

DSC_5204


They were more than willing to get up before dawn

DSC_5237

so we could get to City Museum before dark.

DSC_5206


The only word I can think of to describe it is ridiculous.

Every time I turn around I just laugh and say, "How in the world?"

DSC_5211

Not the kids.  They are way too busy playing and exploring.

DSC_5129

This is no McDonald's ball pit.

DSC_5162

DSC_5180

It's a sculpture garden.

DSC_5233

Or something like that.

DSC_5229

Inside?

DSC_5258

A four story maze of artwork.

DSC_5266

And human hamster wheels.

DSC_5278

DSC_5289

DSC_5323

Textures of every imaginable kind.  And then some.

DSC_5300

DSC_5294

DSC_5330

Slides galore.

DSC_5334

Colors that won't quit.

DSC_5344

If you're anywhere at all near St. Louis, and have a kid...or a camera...you must go.  GO!


5 comments:

Melissa Mae said...

wow... I think I can come up with a reason or two to go through St. Louis. That looks like an amazing place!

Tracy P. said...

Do it, Melissa!

Julie said...

just getting caught up on all your blogs... this looks AWESOME.... I wish we could go sometime... but don't think we will be there anytime in the near future :(

Unknown said...

What a fun place! I loved seeing you in the mirror most of all : ) You made my day!

Hannah Smith said...

I love that place! Speaking from experience, you don't even need a kid to have fun. I went with the other college RA's back in the day.