Thursday, September 1, 2011

A tree for all seasons


This tree's claim to fame is certainly

DSC_5767

its spectacular spring display

DSC_9701

DSC_9641

but lately I have been enjoying

DSC_5742

all this fruit

DSC_5740

weighing down the limbs.

DSC_5735

Once upon a time, a long long time ago,
I had a series of posts called

Today as I enjoyed my crab apple through my lens
two verses kept running through my mind.


"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised."
Proverbs 31:30


"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity,
but a spirit of power, of love, and of self-discipline."
2 Timothy 1:7


Lord, make me 
a woman for all seasons. 
 Amen.

2 comments:

Betty W said...

You´ve made my mouth water now. I miss cherries so much. Around Christmas time we get some imported ones sometimes. But they taste like money....(if you now what I mean).

StitchinByTheLake said...

Wonderful...thought-provoking...honest. I loved this. blessings, marlene