Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Summer, part deux

Just a quick review:

Summer, part one, was all about this


and this.



We got to hang out with two awesome groups of families
while we cheered them on. Friends new and old. Lucky us!

Now all of that is over, and it's time for part two. Hallelujah!


We live in the Land of 10,000 Lakes, after all.







And don't forget the parks! We are all about parks here, and lots of them feature free entertainment. It is well appreciated. I love how the crowds let the kids dance and play freely.


In the past week we've been treated to the pops orchestra...

a gospel choir...


and an international youth choir.

They came from all over the world. They were fabulous!


Wow, we are so blessed to be surrounded by God's amazing creation, and by music.

8 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

Oh wow. This was beautiful. I want to be there with you. How long until OUR summer?

Skeller said...

looks like a wonderful way to spend a summer!! btw, the picture of you all in the canoe is Christmas-card worthy ;-)

Joy said...

I kept scolling and the pictures just kept getting more amazing.
I don't know where to start.
Love the canoe picture. That looks like lots of fun.
Those sunset pictures are beautiful. What an awesome pavillion to go to. Part two looks like lots of fun and lots of good memories.
♥ Joy

Betty W said...

From what the pictures tell, it was a great summer so far. Glad you are having such good weather. I love all the free programs that are offered in the parks.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness. What a gorgeous summer! I am glad you are having so many wonderful times. That is spectacular!

Crown of Beauty said...

Hi, I stumbled on your blog, but not accidentally of course, while searching for a picture...

Read around a bit, and I guess I have to let you know how I feel by leaving a comment.

Love your blog, love your heart, love your zest for life.

Blessings,
Lidj

Melissa B. said...

Looks like y'all are having bunches of fun this summer! The girls and I are going off on another beach vacay next week, then it'll be back to school again!

Julie said...

i love, love, love, love your shots. I am thinking of coming back to the Desiring God conference (if we can afford to bring me back) at Bethlehem Baptist and if I do come back, we need to get together!!!