Sunday, March 29, 2009

You're a Hero


I'm going to make a virtual "Wall of Fame" and hang your work in it. That's right! I want you to get thinking about what you do or have done that is special for the kids in your life. The things they will remember when they grow up and have their own kids. The silly, the simple, the seasonal, the everyday. Whatever. For your kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews, siblings.  

HINT: It may very well NOT be something crafty!!!  It could be... 
a game,
an outing, 
a food, 
an event, 
a bedtime routine, 
a family night tradition, 
stuff I can't think of because it's not MY thing.

I'm giving you a week, because if you are having one of those days, you might need that long! I want you to post about it, take pictures of it (if that's your thing) or do whatever you want to share about it. Then, next Monday, April 6, I will post a Mr. Linky so you can either link to your own post or just share in the comments.

Let's face it. If you've got kids in your life, it takes a little effort to connect with them. But it's the sweetest effort ever made. We could all use a little help. AND a little recognition. So get going. Monday, April 6 is the day. Go ahead, give yourself a pat on the back--you'll be my hero! Invite your friends to play along.

6 comments:

Mammatalk said...

What a lovely idea. Gotta think on this one.

Jen said...

I have defiantly been in a selfish, emotional slump. I'm really going to do this and have something wonderful to post on your Mr. Linky. Thanks for the encouragement!

Joy said...

I'll start giving it some thought. Thanks for the weeks notice :-)
I'll need it.

I use to cut up there napkins too. But I would cut them in half and put one half in one lunch box and the other half in the other one. They finally caught on to my frugality and their friends were making fun of them. They told me to stop it. I'm thinking "well you don't even use the napkin half I put in there" (obviously) :) why not stretch it a bit.

I know Lee would like this idea.
♥ Joy

stefanie said...

:)

I'll be thinking on it.

You're still the best...

Joy said...

Tracy, I don't know if I will set up a Mr. Linky because I'm flying out tomorrow. I'm going on a girl's weekend with a couple of girlfriends I haven't seen in a few years.

But I really do save all the notes that my girls write me. I have a box that one of my old Brighton purses came in and it has a pretty heart so it is great to store them.
I hang some of their pictures on my closet wall. They don't bring home many pictures anymore because they are older.
For Leah I teach small group in her 4th grade Sunday School class. She loves having me in there and it seems to mean a lot to her.
She loves to play Apples to Apples.

Paige is the deep thinker of the family and ask all the hard questions, and loves to bounce ideas around and just talk.
She loves to listen to Talk Radio with me.

These are a few I can think of. I won't get back until late Sun. night. I can't wait to read the others.


Joy

Marrdy said...

This will take some thought. Good thing I've got til Monday!