Saturday, June 7, 2014

Mystical

DSC_0226

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child.
When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.
For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face.
Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
And now these three remain:  faith, hope and love.  But the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13:11-13

Photo 52, Week 24:  Mystical

DSC_0236

To me, there is something mystical about marriage.

DSC_0084

In scripture it is described as a picture of the relationship between Christ and the church.
It is a covenant relationship, similar to the one between God and his people, designed to be irrevocable.
It's a process of discovery, of learning to trust, even in the face of uncertainty.
That doesn't even begin to scratch the surface.

DSC_0240

At any rate, when my nephew Jacob pledged his vows to his sweet and beautiful bride Katie,
the way his eyes locked in on hers made it clear that he understood the seriousness of his words.

DSC_0243

Hopefully I'll write more about this wonderful weekend of family eventually.
I'm so excited for these newlyweds.  I know God has a lifetime of adventures in store for them.

2 comments:

HJ said...

Amen! :-)

Unknown said...

Oh my word. They look so young! I wish them a lifetime of growing together. I hope happiness is present and they find joy every day.