Monday, July 2, 2012

Forties Top 40, #24

So.  I have exactly six weeks to finish my Forties Top 40.
Not that I'm panicking.  I made my list and everything.
Yesterday.

DSC_4321

As I sat at the softball field tonight in the beautiful weather with laughter all around, 
I thought I would be remiss if this didn't also make the list.

#24:  Diamonds

Diamonds are a girl's best friend
(This one's from the archives!)

If you had told me ten years ago that I would go to the ball field
twelve days in a row to watch fifteen games and parts of five practices 
(plus parts of a couple of games of other kids we know), 
I might have freaked out just a little.

DSC_9753

DSC_4325

DSC_4355

But during these crazy weeks, 
I have had some wonderful fan highlights,
a bunch of relaxing conversations, 
several tense moments (I won't lie to you)
and some really sweet victories.

DSC_4029

DSC_7531

And a couple of ice cream treats.

DSC_7543

Honestly?
I love it.

No comments: