Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Poetic Justice

A couple of weeks ago Ben's teacher sent a newsletter out asking for donations of items that the kids could buy with the "classroom cash" they had earned for their various accomplishments and good deeds throughout the year.

DSC_2406

I was only too happy to clean out my stash.  I sent in all kinds of leftover items from birthday party bags and little gifts I tucked away but never gave.

DSC_2429



DSC_2417

Anyway, today was the big shopping day.

DSC_2430

And of course, you can just guess what happened.
I recognized half of the stuff Ben pulled out of his backpack.

DSC_2410

It just goes to show that when moms buy stuff they think their kids would like...

DSC_2443

...well, they really do.

DSC_2411

That's what I get for trying to unload my "stuff".

Do you have a secret stash?  Does yours have boomerang super powers like mine does?

5 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

No boomerang powers but I do have a stash. Of course, mine are mainly grown up gifts. Maybe that's why no boomerang. :) blessings, marlene

Betty W said...

That´s so funny! :) It shows how well you know your kids. That´s a good thing.

Givinya De Elba said...

Oh dear, that is funny! I have a stash of birthday party presents - when I finally got my order from Go Fish arranged (remember that?) I decided to buy lots of CDs! I gave away all of them in my first stash and am now on to my second stash. Problem: I would LOVE to give a copy of Old School to Anna-Lucia's little kindy friend for her birthday next week, but ... Nat already gave it to her brother for HIS birthday in January! And I think that last year I gave them Superstar and Splash. I am running out of ideas!

Melissa B. said...

I think this may be the reason for the state of my basement. You think? BTW, I had a craving for Beer Cheese Soup yesterday, even though the temps hovered at 99 degrees. Go figure.

Unknown said...

That is too funny! Awesome pictures!