Sunday, June 12, 2011

Details, details.

I am living at the ball fields these days.  Baseball and softball.  Eight days a week.  Or close to it.  Such nice people.  And good playing.  It's a happy thing.

Of course, I bring my camera with me.  When we spend all day at a tournament there is some hang time.

DSC_3302

DSC_3337


I have looked at a lot of beautiful photographs that other people have taken in recent months, and I am learning to notice the details.

DSC_3320


DSC_3329

So yesterday while we were hanging, I zoomed in closer.

DSC_3344

DSC_3357

DSC_3407

DSC_3400

I loved the textures I found.

DSC_3401

DSC_3394

DSC_3395

It made me wish I could go back

DSC_3396

and photograph the little hands and feet
that have gotten so big at my house.

DSC_3398

But those hands
are helping small children
and giving friends high fives.

DSC_4011

I would not trade them for all the toddler hands in the world.
They are amazing.

3 comments:

Skeller said...

I've had that very same thought over the years ... ;-)

StitchinByTheLake said...

Great insight Tracy - every age and stage is the best yet. And still, the best is yet to come. blessings, marlene

Unknown said...

This post was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. I love what you captured Tracy!