Thursday, February 26, 2009

"Get ready for the ride of your life!"


One of the blessings of living in a well-populated area of the tundra is that developers are smart enough to build things for people to do in the winter. Like an amusement park in the mall. So we took advantage of the weeknight discount wristband and rode to our hearts' content the other night. This is a most rare treat!  Our kids have arrived at the age where they will ride the vast majority of the rides that we want to ride--very fun.  These are the wonder years, I tell you!


Bethany got us on the roller coaster right away. As it made its initial ascent, she would throw her hands up in the air and announce, "Get ready for the ride of your life!" She would pretend to be nervous beforehand, but there is no fear in our high-adventure girl! Her favorite ride was the giant swings. While I kept my eyes glued on her to keep from getting sick, she had her arms and legs outstretched wide like she was flying, and giggled her head off the whole time.


Ben found some courage he hadn't discovered before--an unanticipated benefit of having the chance to ride over and over. After all, there is no courage without at least a little fear. He was not to be outdone by his sister. It was fun to see him as eager as she was to ride the big rides by the end of the night.  

We reserved the biggest for Lee, however. I reasoned that we had to be sure someone would be able to drive home. He reported that it was exciting, smooth, and just a little nauseating. Maybe I'll try it next time.

12 comments:

Joy said...

Oh my goodness Tracy, I have a new respect for you. If you can do those rides, I'm impressed. My girls love them too and Keith will ride them, but I'm the watcher person.

That place looks like loads of fun. They look like they were having the time of their life. I love Bethany's line. I tell you that is so Leah too.
What cool parents to take them on a weeknight. You guys rock!

Joy

Allison said...

How fun!! They should have indoor amusement parks in Germany...the weather is disgusting here during the winter!

Jenna Cox said...

that looks AWESOME!!! what a fun mom you are!

Anonymous said...

Who is that young man that has grown so much he almost looks like a teenager?! He walked by me the other night and I couldn't believe it. In these photos, I can also see the changes in Bethany.

Also loved your piece about Bambi & Thumper...

Carla

StitchinByTheLake said...

You would not want me riding with you - I'd be throwing up over the side right away! blessings, marlene

Marrdy said...

My kids are so sad we live so far away from this! My daughter keeps saying when she turns 18 this is where she wants to go...her birthday is in September.

Aunt Julie said...

MOA was one of our favorite places when the kids were little. We took them back a couple of years later, and still had loads of fun. Some people (like us) never grow up!

Vic said...

This is way too cute. What an awesomem memory for your children to have. :) It make me smile what a adorable children.

Don't forget to ask me some questions over at my blog!

Melissa B. said...

LOVE these Superior Snaps! Sounds like y'all had ooodles & oodles of fun. We're getting a snowstorm tonite and, frankly, I'm praying for a snow day! Hey, BTW, I'm giving away an actual PRIZE for Sx3 today...come play along!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Wow!!! We must be close to each other because I know that MALL! LOL!!! We have hung out there plenty! I am glad that someone tried the big one...My Son Loves it!!!!

Jen said...

It looks great. I can't wait till my kids are old enough for amusement parks.

Donna B said...

looks like such a great time,wish we had something like that near to us,my little boys & big boy would LOVE it,and the 4yr olds need that kind of outing!My 20 month olds would I'm sure be all wide eyed with joy watching it all!Thanks for sharing pics!