Sunday, March 16, 2008

Palm Sunday



As a little girl, I used to love Palm Sunday almost as much as Easter. I don't know what it was about processing into church waving palm branches that made me so excited, but I like to think that I somehow knew this was a way of continuing the celebration that began on that day when Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a donkey, with people shouting his praises. What a great king!

Today it was our kids' turn. Last night Bethany was thinking about it. She popped out of bed this morning, so excited. We had an unusually big group of kids today, which was perfect. They were so cute. (You can see the video here.)

Our pastor preached today about living a life that makes a difference, based on some of the events from Jesus's last week. He challenged us to follow His example this week, by showing compassion on Monday, celebrating who he is on Tuesday, examining what is of value to us and to Him on Wednesday, staying connected spiritually on Thursday, and seeking reconciliation on Friday. I'm going to give it a try.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What - no footage of me waving at the camera?! :-)

Carla

Tracy P. said...

I can fix that if you want!! ;-D