Thursday, February 14, 2008

True Love


I love Valentine's Day. It was my favorite day at school when I was a teacher. Every child had a chance to feel truly loved by his or her class. Such excitement.

Today I went and had a Valentine's lunch date with each of the kids at school. It was so much fun. Then they headed back to class for their parties, and came bursting in from the bus with all their cards. But there's more than cards now, if you haven't done kids' Valentines lately. There's candy. And tattoos. They love every bit of it.


Ben wins the "True Love" award with the Valentine letter he wrote to Bethany at school. In case you can't read it, here is what it says:

Dear Beth I love you more than playing on our dance mat hooked up to the T.V. I love you more\ than eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on june 21st at noon. I love you more than challenging math problems at school.

Now that's love!!

No comments: