Monday, April 18, 2011

Bubbles, picnics and division

Lately, Bethany's nemesis has been homework.  Namely, division.  It didn't help that she missed two days with strep throat while they were learning it.  She has had a lot of homework.  She has really struggled with it.

DSC_5764

Yesterday as the boys left for baseball and I called her in for supper (and after that, the homework she had put on hold), she made a counter offer.  She said,

DSC_5752

"How about if we have a picnic?  On a blanket.  I'll take my homework outside and you can bring me my supper." The girl can be hard to resist.

DSC_5774

You know what?  She got right to work.

DSC_5773

Thinking.

DSC_5771

And eating.  Who knew cheez-its were brain food?

DSC_5768

She got on a roll, and things started clicking.
After a while she needed a little break.

DSC_5865

DSC_5850

DSC_5874

DSC_5593

DSC_5596

She got that homework done.  And now she understands division.  The last couple of pages were a snap!

Whew!  

And just like those bubbles...



DSC_5694

...she is flying high!

2 comments:

Betty W said...

Sometimes the sun can bring out the best in us. Good for you for helping her outside and making this learning experience so enjoyable!

Unknown said...

I absolutely and positively love this. Kaish has a hard time with that too! I don't think I can ever get him to jump off a step though singing with joy because of it : )