Wednesday, January 21, 2009

In my humble opinion...

Clinics that specialize in women's health should send the following letter to the family of each patient after her annual preventive visit:

Dear Next of Kin,

We want you to know that today your loved one committed one of her most selfless acts of devotion to you.  We are quite certain that, were it not for her determination to give her ongoing service and care to those she loves most, she would not show up here every year and subject herself to the humiliating poking, prodding and squishing we provide.  We assure you that her diligent attention to such matters will help her stay around to spoil you for a good long time.

We suggest that you thank your loved one by taking her out to dinner at the restaurant of her choice, sending her out for some fun with her friends, giving her a gift certificate to a spa, or some other (large) token of your appreciation that to her would spell P-A-M-P-E-R-I-N-G. You'll want to make sure she'll look forward to coming back next year.

Sincerely,

The Clinic

14 comments:

Melissa Mae said...

Amen sista! Do you think if I send your post to Ben, he would take it seriously when my appt comes around? :)

Tracy P. said...

I don't know, but I'd be happy to be the friend he sends you out to have fun with!

Tiffany said...

Seriously, you get a big Amen from me, too! I hate that day of the year!

Givinya De Elba said...

Oh yes!

WheresMyAngels said...

That is great!lol

Yesterday I had to go for an exam where they um used some dye and did an US to make sure my tubal went well. I think hubby owes me big time for this. He did have dishes down when I came home, so that was a big plus.

Destini said...

LOL...too funny! It is a very nice idea!

Joy said...

I had one of those appt. this week too. My lady gyn wasn't available so I had to go to the guy dr. I hate that.
Yes, we should get special treatment for our annual activities.
Buster went for the "BIG" appt. last year. He has one procedure done in 20 years and it's the big one I understand. But we do this stuff all time. It was hard to feel much sympathy for him. Waa
Anyway, I'm glad you went and got everything checked out and I hope your next of kin all appreciate you.

Joy

StitchinByTheLake said...

Did that last week - got my "all clear" letter yesterday. I still hate doing it after all these years but I do know the value and so I continue. But a spa gift certificate would be lovely. :) blessings, marlene

Jenna Cox said...

hehehe i love it! and agree

Aunt Julie said...

Funny...but so true! I think you should suggest this on your next visit...

Marrdy said...

Here here!! I have mine apt next Friday. Could you come out here and we'll do dinner????

stefanie said...

Yes!

And, would they send a copy to THE BREAST CENTER? I was twice pancaked there last Friday. Then I was topless and gelled for about an hour. And GOOD NEWS!(really) I don't have to go back 'til next year.

Good girl for doing all that you can to ensure continued good health.

A Thinker said...

So what should we get for having a baby?? (besides the delightful baby of course) Cuz that's just a series of unpleasant visits culminating in the worst pain known to mankind (sratch that...womankind). If a annual visit is worth a trip to the spa then the publisher's clearing house guy ahould be showing up at my door any second....

I'm just sayin'...

Debbie said...

PREACH it sister...

Having said that, I am overdue for a visit...

Geez, I come over here and am convicted left and right about stuff...