Friday, February 17, 2012

Forties Top 40, #38

DSC_9564

#38: Cheaters.
(Especially, the $1 kind.)

When I turned 40 I thought I would probably be heading to Target for some the next day.  Turned out I got four bonus years.  (Lee has yet to succumb at 48!  But it won't be long.)

DSC_9568

Even with the bonus years, after that long without ever having glasses, it was a little shocking.

DSC_9571

But now?  They are my friend.
And in combination with the magnifying mirror
they are a life saver.

DSC_9569

Because in your 40s, 
"Not by the hairs on my chinny chin chin!"
takes on a whole new meaning.
And they are harder to see when they're white.
Don't worry.  It sounds worse than it is.

One more thing...

DSC_3851

The entertainment possibilities are endless!

2 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

When I became the matriarch in our family I was appalled - there was so much I didn't know! And truth be told, I didn't really want to know it all. :) Unfortunately my children haven't yet taken on any of that role but I'm in hopes that my grandchildren will. blessings, marlene

Tracy P. said...

Marlene, this is so interesting--I'll be surprised if you read this, but it looks like you commented on a post that I published and then decided to take back and hold for later. In case anyone thinks wow! that comment has nothing to do with that post, Marlene was seeing something different!