Friday, December 18, 2009

How Great Our Joy!

This is my favorite Christmas picture ever. Ben and Bethany were playing and talking about the Christmas story and I got the bathrobe idea. The rest is history. I love the wonder in their eyes.

Here is the original:




I'm taking advantage of Constructive Feedback Friday at I Heart Faces today, and I would love some suggestions for making this original even better. It was shot with my first point and shoot digital (I am still point and shoot), and I would like help with some adjustments in Photoshop Elements, and any cropping and background suggestions. Thanks!

Hope your joy is great this season!

9 comments:

Skeller said...

Hi Tracy!!
What a darling darling Christmas picture!! Hey, can you email me the original? I can't access a bigger source photo for this fixit. Thanks!

Tracy P. said...

Susan, I'll do that. I just made a link to the large flick'r original though, so hopefully that helps others. Thanks!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

That was just cute!

Skeller said...

Tracy-
I actually think you did a great job editing this photo! I didn't do anything much fancy to it. My first "fix" is a vintage-y look (curves to brighten, added a bunch of yellow to the white balance, added local contrast). In both of them I cropped in a bit and cloned the wood wall all the way to the corner of the picture.

Here's a link to what I ended up with:
http://shortonwords.blogspot.com/2009/12/its-constructive-criticism-friday.html

Joy said...

What a precious picture. I'm just enjoying it. Their little faces do speak volumes.
♥ Joy

Givinya De Elba said...

Oh, that's beautiful! I have no suggestions. Skeller sounds like the person to listen to!

Betty W said...

I love this picture. It really shows the wonder in their eyes and the innocence of children! Great job editing it too!

Melissa B. said...

Oh gosh...the two of them should star in a Christmas pageant! I hope that was your Christmas card that year...

Allegro ma non troppo said...

I want to give you a nice comment, since you just visited me, by my stinky diallup won't load your pictures for me. So I'll mentally picture some gorgeous images, and say, "Awww! Lovely!"