Sunday, December 13, 2009

Cinnamon Chip Gems



You asked.  I deliver.  I'm such a pleaser.  But seriously, these are good.  You can see the process of making them in my last post, demonstrated by Bethany.  They are "puttsy"--having two of us really helped!!


Ingredients:

  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
  • 2 packages (3 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup ground toasted almonds
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk(not evaporated milk)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1-1/3 cups HERSHEY'S Cinnamon Chips, divided

Instructions:

1. Beat butter and cream cheese in large bowl until well blended; stir in flour, sugar and almonds. Cover; refrigerate about 1 hour.

2. Divide dough into 4 equal parts. Shape each part into 12 smooth balls. Place each ball in small muffin cup (1-3/4 inches in diameter); press evenly on bottom and up side of each cup.

3. Heat oven to 375°F. Beat eggs in small bowl. Add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla; mix well. Place 7 cinnamon chips in bottom of each cookie shell; fill a generous three-fourth full with sweetened condensed milk mixture.

4. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until tops are puffed and just beginning to turn golden brown. Cool 3 minutes. Sprinkle about 15 chips on top of each cookie. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Remove from pan using small metal spatula or sharp knife. Store tightly covered at room temperature. About 4 dozen.



Notes:  I omitted the almonds, and still yielded four dozen.  The tool Bethany was using was a tart shaper.  She dipped it in powdered sugar to prevent sticking.  I bought mine from Pampered Chef  with my mini muffin pans.  I bought two more pans because of this recipe--they take a long time, and it's nice to be able to put the second pair of pans in right when the first two are done baking.  It was totally worth it, because this is Lee's all time favorite!


Cinnamon chips are not always easy to find.  They would be great with chocolate or butterscotch, too.


Bon appetit!

3 comments:

Joy said...

I have one of those tart shapers from PC too. I'm so excited to use it. I have one mini muffin pan, but now I'm feeling like I need more....
I'm making these. They sound so yummy. Thanks for posting the recipe.


Joy

Betty W said...

Sounds wonderful! Sound similar to the fudge puddles I sometimes make.
Always a hit!

Skeller said...

ooooh, these look amazing.

But I promise you I won't be making any to keep at home. My waistline is having a hard enough time adjusting to my 40s. Oy!