Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Nostalgia

We went downtown for the Holidazzle Parade again this year, and to the Macy's display. It's so much fun!  And of course, Macy's has this very handy Santa's workshop at the end to transport you back to your childhood when things were oh so much simpler.  You have to love the vintage toys.  What I love is taking them home with me for free.  On my camera.



Their cookies inspired me to get busy in the kitchen.  I seriously lucked out because we had a snow day this week and my baking partners were home to spend the day helping me.  I adore my baking partners.



The older one left for school this morning, whistling "O Come All Ye Faithful" as he headed out the door into the single digit temperatures.  Nothing a little cocoa after school won't fix.



Truly, it's the most wonderful time of the year.


Note:  If this makes you hungry for some cookies and you need a recipe, check out this link!  Also, my cookie exchange recipes from last year are here--although you now have to click an extra time to get to the links.  Enjoy!

7 comments:

Melissa Mae said...

You and your baking partners did a great job on beautiful Christmas treats! Greyson and I did rice krispie treats with candy cane pieces in them this morning... I can't think beyond that level of complication quite yet. :)

A Thinker said...

Fun post! Wow, Ben looks so grown up all of a sudden! And Bethany sure is a whiz with that handy little push tool she was using - what is that thing? Looks like you guys made the most of the snow day! Good job Mom - way to be prepared ;)

How was the Dayton's display? We thought it was mighty short last year. We always try to make it down there - it's always so beautiful. What's the theme?

Tracy P. said...

That is exactly the beauty of it, Melissa. Keep it simple, and they will keep coming back for more. :-)

Tracy P. said...

Dayton's. :-) I still think it should be Dayton's too! It's exactly the same as last year. Supposedly there is one added on scene, but it didn't seem new to me. Still, it's my favorite theme so far.

Dea said...

Those look wonderful and oh so delicious!!

Joy said...

That Christmas parade looks awesome. How Fun. Love that storefront display. I'm not sure there are any around here. waaaa.
I had one of those tops when I was little. How fun.
Ok. Is the recipe that Bethany is doing on that link. I want to make those. All the cookies look yum. How fun that you had your helpers home from school to get the baking started for the season.

Joy

StitchinByTheLake said...

I'd love to see the Macy's Christmas display! I did get to go to FAO Schwartz in NYC once and oh how I wanted to be a child again. :) blessings, marlene