Friday, February 6, 2009

Different Packages


Watching my kids and learning about their uniquenesses (Blogger says that's not a word, but I'm sticking with it) is one of my all time favorite pastimes. At times I look at them and feel as though I'm looking in a mirror--or Lee's mirror--but at other times they are a total mystery. I love that. Sometimes they act so similarly to one another, but at other times, their differences couldn't be more glaring obvious. This, too, is a good thing.  

If I learned one thing in fifteen years of teaching, it was that each child comes with his or her own package. I taught quite a few siblings, and more often than not, they were as different as night and day. So it is no surprise that this is the case with my own. I am grateful that they leave no opportunity for comparison. 

I hope you'll come back and indulge me stay tuned as I return to spend a little time reveling in the treasure that is each one of my kids. 

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; 
your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
Psalm 139:14

5 comments:

Abigail Kraft said...

I can definitely relate to that with my siblings. At some times, they all remind me of each other, and Mom and Dad, but each one is so unique. I enjoy digging into the mystery of each one of them...in their hearts lie the most amazing and special qualities that are totally unique to them. It's really awesome to watch God's creativity unfold in the form of a child. It really never ceases to amaze me. :)

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

In His arms,
--Abigail

Skeller said...

so totally true.

y'know, I think I suppose sometimes that because all my kiddos are BOYS they should somehow be more similar than they are. but, they're NOT.

except when it comes to throwing rocks. they're all all about that.
;-)

StitchinByTheLake said...

Just look at these beautiful babies - I can't wait to hear more about their similarities and differences. blessings, marlene

Melissa B. said...

"Uniquenesses" most certainly, definitely, absolutely is a word...and if it's not, it should be! Plus, these kiddos are precious, so they deserve that word. That's the English Teacher talkin' now! BTW…don’t forget Sx3 tomorrow. It has a Texas-sized theme. Something about armadillos?

stefanie said...

I love that verse, and the reminder to cherish uniquenesses.