Monday, February 17, 2014

Lessons from the snowflakes

DSC_0070

If the world from your vantage point seems a little overwhelming,

1.  Take a closer look.

DSC_0043

Focus in on one part of it that seems manageable.

DSC_0039

DSC_0072

2.  Be patient.

When you think you have done all you can, walk away for a little while.

DSC_0145

It is amazing how things change when you give them time.

DSC_0004

DSC_0016

3.  Perfection is elusive.

DSC_0041 

DSC_0015 

But just because something isn't perfect doesn't mean it doesn't have something amazing to offer.

DSC_0046 

4.  Beauty is fleeting.

Appreciate it while it is there.  But realize there is more around the corner.

DSC_0076 

 5.  Be grateful.

Sometimes you realize that something was in place 
before your overwhelming moment ever happened
to make the situation better.  
Take that moment to thank the God who goes before you.

DSC_0154

6.  Consider the possibility,

DSC_0167

be it ever so remote,

DSC_0178

that you could find a way to revel in the moment.
You just never know what might hit you.


5 comments:

Skeller said...

Thanking God for beautiful, no-two-are-alike snowflakes. And thanking you for taking lovely macros of them :-)~!!!

Unknown said...

Those are such beautiful shots. Oh my goodness. What a wonderful post. Thank you for the reminder.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I loved these lessons Tracy. They are yet another reminder to me that God is in control. As you may have gathered from my posts I was unable to go on our scheduled mission trip because of back issues - a six week trip that now has my husband away and me at home. As I sat here bemoaning my fate (a little dramatic?) God sent me several messages about being still and listening to him. I'm trying to be grateful for this time alone with Him and even more difficult for me is to remember that while ministry is wonderful, loving Him is more important. blessings, marlene

Diwakar said...

Hello Tracy P. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger. I am also glad to stop by your blog "Lessons from the Snowflakes" and the post on it. It is a beautiful sharing through those pictures. I am blessed by it. Well I do remember coming across your profile as well as blog post some months back but I do not remember whether I had commented on your blog posting but here I take opportunity to share once again about the short / long term missions opportunity for you as well as your children who are above 18 yrs to come to Mumbai, India to volunteer your time and resources to work with us in the slums of Mumbai in sharing the good news of Jesus Christ to give them new hope, life and purpose. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 34yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with great contrsst where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reachout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young people as well as adults from the West to come to Mumbai on a short / long term missions trip to work with us. We would love to have you or your young children or youth from your church to come on a short term missions trip to work with us during your summer vacation. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking foward to hear from you very soon.

Dea said...

This is beautiful!

I don't know if you remember me from back when I used to blog but I am back into blogging with a new blog and wanted to come back and "visit" with the friends I had while I blogged last time. So just saying Hi! I plan to keep following your blog and actually hope to get up a better job on mine. :)