Monday, April 2, 2012

Catching my breath

Whew!  The kids went back to school today and I don't know where to start.  Laundry?  Yes.  Groceries?  Needs some planning.  We're having a special meal Friday that needs ingredients, and also our Easter things.  Like eggs.  (Better check for dye purchased on clearance!)  I have my work cut out for me, but it will be joyful work.

First, though, a few treasures from our super relaxing spring break.

DSC_3214

Bethany was eager to plan her garden container.

DSC_3201

So we went to a greenhouse and she wrote the name of every plant she liked.

DSC_3260

Pretty much all of them.

DSC_3289

She's not that big on having her picture taken these days.

DSC_3220

In other news, she had her bangs cut later in the week.
Thank goodness I can see her eyes again.

DSC_3337

Ben's idea of a great vacation is to play games.
A LOT of games.

DSC_3325

DSC_3300

Thankfully Dad telecommutes

DSC_3345

so he can play and eat lunch at the same time.

DSC_3339

DSC_3380

My sister took the kids for the weekend, 

DSC_3408

so Lee and I went out on the town.

DSC_3409

DSC_3404

DSC_3416

Lee even humored me and drove me by the capitol

DSC_3438

and the cathedral.

DSC_3448


DSC_3457

And since we have Twin Cities, 

DSC_3460

we gave the other one equal time.

DSC_3458

We took in a play.
Not the best play ever.  But it was fun!

DSC_3496

And then to make it all perfect?

DSC_3522

A trip to my favorite lake.
(I have a lot of those.)

DSC_3530

I pretended to be a portrait photographer.

DSC_3547

I better keep my day job.  Ha!

DSC_3552

I'm so glad it's Holy Week.  May you have a sense of God's presence about you this week.  May you know him as your Redeemer.  

1 comment:

LauraLiz said...

You've got such a great record of your week! Those night shots are fabulous!