Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday Scavenger Hunt: Spring Surprise Edition

Spring is making an early appearance here--thought I would give it a hearty welcome!  It's amazing!  

This is such a fun way to get some photos that I wouldn't ordinarily notice or think of.  Everyone is welcome to give it a try--so go for it!  







1.  Water


DSC_2050

This is a glorious sight, but the sound of water running down the street while the snow melts is my favorite!  Good thing I got out there with my camera yesterday--today it is pretty much all GONE!


2.  Light


DSC_2147

This was the day's last light yesterday, but Bethany wanted to make her annual pilgrimage to the park to say hello to spring.  I don't even know if she remembers from year to year that she does this, but she's never missed it yet.  I hope she never quits taking me along.

I love the way she captured the light, even though there wasn't enough of it to take a crisp image of her as the swing was moving.  Yes, she is wearing shorts...

DSC_2119

...and flip-flops!


3.  Chocolate


DSC_2192


Two words:  Thin Mints.

The Girl Scouts were selling in a parking lot in SHORT SLEEVES.  That NEVER happens!!


4.  Animal


DSC_0282


My only animals are at the zoo, so I pulled this one out from a couple of weeks ago that I never posted.  It's so very nice of the zoo to keep and care for my pets for such a reasonable fee, and let me come and play with them whenever I want.  :-)


5.  Crowded


DSC_1732


Both kids had basketball tournaments yesterday--we were lucky they were at the same place and their games alternated!  It was crowded in the stands, and also under the basket.



Next week's themes:
Vintage
Word or Quote
Nature's Own
People
Photographer's Choice

7 comments:

Lysha said...

I love this set. Thin mints...yum!

Ashley Sisk said...

Great set - that first shot is so lovely.

Nancy said...

What a fun collection, Tracy! Love the shots of your daughter in the swing and the flip flops!

Thanks so much for stopping by and your thoughtful comment. :)

Skeller said...

hello. you had me at "Thin mints ..."

Anonymous said...

Good takes of the prompts. Thank you for stopping by Sanukipity Photography and leaving the kind words. The chocolate is the new Oreo brownies. Not as good as the Cakesters.

Givinya De Elba said...

They are great! Love the crop on the basketball one. Did you frame it perfectly or crop it later? Thanks for your comment at my place - it was a long difficult day and I think even my Good Self got a bit tetchy towards the end!

Sara said...

Great set, love the light and perspective on your 2nd "light"! I love mints too, Yum! Gorgeous bear!