Saturday, October 15, 2011

Quiche!


DSC_9444

This is a yummy recipe.  I got it (well, except for several parts I made up) 
off of a package of Swiss cheese.  I have no choice 
but to post it so I can throw the package away.

You need:

400ºF oven
1 pie crust (my favorite recipe here)
2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
2 cups fresh spinach, torn into bite-sized pieces
6 eggs
3/4 cup milk (or half and half or cream)
4 slices cooked bacon broken into pieces
 (or 3 oz. chopped Canadian bacon, ham, whatever floats your boat)
2-3 green onions sliced

DSC_9436

Sprinkle 1 cup of the cheese into pie crust.  Top with spinach.  
(Leave an empty spot for any family members who won't eat spinach.  
Cleverly mark that piece with a special imprint on the pie crust.)

Beat eggs and milk together and pour into crust.  
(Note:  The recipe on the package called for four eggs,
 but I thought it turned out a little flat, 
so I added to the recipe for next time.)

Sprinkle remaining cheese, bacon and onions over the egg mixture.  
(I had mine in the bottom layer, but it would be prettier with them on top.
Or, you could do half on the bottom and top. Whatever mood you're in.)

Bake 15 minutes.  Cover edge of crust, and reduce heat to 350ºF.
Bake 25-30 minutes or until center is set and top is lightly browned.  
Let stand 10 min. before cutting to serve.

DSC_9449

Voila!  Bon appetit!

3 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

We love quiche so I'm going to pin this to my recipe board over at Pinterest - that way I can come back to it next time I cook quiche. :) blessings, marlene

Unknown said...

Yum in my tum.

Megan (Best of Fates) said...

That looks so delicious! I love quiches but I've never had the courage to make one myself!