Friday, January 28, 2011

Ski Day!

Yesterday was one of those days that made me glad my kids are close together.  Last year I went skiing with Ben's class after letting some 20 years go by since my last outing.  It made me a little nervous.  (But boy, was the sky ever blue and gorgeous that day!) With Bethany, I knew that if I could do it last year, this year would be no problem.  

P1610162

It is so much fun to be there with all these kids.  They have the most amazing instruction.

P1600965

 We bring in over 100 kids, and within an hour of getting their equipment the vast majority are on the lift on their way up the hill, having passed the preliminaries.  

P1600987
First time on skis!

P1610043

Riding back up the beginner hill on "The Magic Carpet"

P1610051

The magic carpet is apparently made for a princess wave

P1610077

SO proud to be headed up the lift!

P1610132


P1610165


P1610176

What a great day with friends!

4 comments:

Skeller said...

what a fabulous day!!! and Bethany looks as if she's in her element (snow princess looks good on her!) ;-)

Givinya De Elba said...

That looks fantastic! I have been on two week-long skiing holidays in my life, and loved it. I'd love to go back again one day!

Joy said...

Wow! What a cool field trip. I know they had to have fun. I can't imagine what it was like though getting 100 kids into ski boots and skis. Looks like they had a great time.
OK. I've never seen a magic carpet on a ski lift. That is the way to go. Because the few times I have been skiing I've stayed on the bunny hill and I had to hold on to a rope and be dragged back to the top. I like the magic carpet much better!
♥ Joy

Unknown said...

That looks like SO much fun! I would love to take Kaish one day. Too bad I have no idea how to do that! : ) I am sure he could learn though.

Bethany has the most beautiful and happy smile on her face!