Friday, June 5, 2015

Zoo Day with Little Boys

DSC_0013

I was lucky enough to get to spend a morning at one of my favorite places 

DSC_0574-Edit

with this sweet family!

D1

My typical zoo settings include a fast shutter speed for animals on the move.

D20

Perfect for keeping up with these energetic little boys!

DSC_0150

I loved how laid back these parents were--lots of laughter and very little fuss.

D2

That's a perfect recipe for fun!

D7

This little guy was enthralled by the bears.

D8

D19

This one was enthralled by anything he could get his hands on.  Of course!

D3

This was a really busy Saturday morning at the zoo, 
but somehow we managed to stay about twenty steps ahead of the crowd.

DSC_0222

No waiting for us on the carousel, but by the time we got done the line was long!

DSC_0265

D9

D10

The goat barn is always a hit with the brave kids.

DSC_0304

This one is brave!

D11

Dad is a chef.  When we were coming out of the cow barn he said,
"I know the signs SAY jersey and guernsey (etc.),
but all I see is sirloin, chuck, tenderloin, ribs…"

DSC_0326

Dad is also a softy.

D12

DSC_0640-Edit

We were hoping to get a few pictures of just the two boys together.

DSC_0648

We all know how that goes with busy boys, right?

DSC_0630-Edit

That'll work.

D13

These are really more like it.

D15

D14

We stopped to see the real live piglets and Mom said,
"Oh look, how adorable!"
You can guess what Dad said, right?
"Yeah, if by adorable you mean delicious!"

D16

Their playful banter was priceless.

D17

DSC_0613-Edit

D family, I had a wonderful morning with you.
Your boys are precious, and you two are a great team,
obviously loving this life of yours together!
I know you will look back one day and treasure these memories
of a time when life really felt like a zoo--in a good way!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Well how fun to have a family photography outing at the zoo. Such a cute group and wonderful captures of the family and the animals. Really nice!!!

Skeller said...

ohmygoodness, and now I'm feeling all nostalgic-y and wishing I could travel back in time to when my big dudes were little dudes and we were visiting the zoo, and I WOULD WANT YOU TO TAKE OUR PICTURES!!!!! what a treasure these are; so fun!!!