Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Culture

DSC_0071.jpg

Photo 52, Week 20:  Culture

DSC_0277

This week's theme beckoned me downtown.

Where else could there be a bigger sampling of culture?

DSC_0278.jpg

It was a grand escape from a myriad of details in my world.

DSC_0253.jpg

A place where old meets new,

DSC_0087.jpg

casual meets elegance,

DSC_0068.jpg

where at any given moment everyone becomes part of the same story

DSC_0281.jpg

even if only for that moment.


DSC_0308.jpg

A place where there can be play

DSC_0311.jpg

in the midst of busyness

DSC_0268.jpg

DSC_0075.jpg

and prayer in the midst of all of it.

DSC_0272.jpg

For a moment, I even found pieces of my story--
as I recognized the art of a sculptor whose studio resided
where he taught on my college campus...

DSC_0273.jpg

...in the midst of truth recently discussed within my own faith community.

DSC_0232.jpg

And only a block away?

Wildlife observers...

DSC_0189.jpg

well-known walks

DSC_0177.jpg

and wanderers.

DSC_0214.jpg

But more on that another day.

DSC_0067-Edit.jpg

DSC_0318.jpg

One of these days I am going to blog about something unrelated to Photo 52.  Maybe. I'm not certain about what.  Right now I am switching to Lightroom from iPhoto.  It's bittersweet.  I love my iPhoto, but alas, there is so much power to be had in the lovely Lightroom.  I am studying up, thanks to free youtube videos.  What a goldmine.  And then, Flick'r decides this would be a good time to change their whole format.  Drinking out of fire hydrants over here.  But the water is good!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

What a delightful journey you had "downtown" great images!!