Monday, April 28, 2008

Ten Amazing Years: "We Thinking"

It was just before we got engaged that Lee introduced the concept of "we thinking" into our relationship. At that time, it was a matter of shifting our thinking to making decisions as a couple, but it has become much more than that. Of course, much of my role in our family (and in life!) revolves around trying to strike a balance in all of our activity. But I have my own agenda too. And so does each member of the family.

I have learned that, when there is friction in our marriage, it is time to do some "we thinking". Almost every time I notice that I have reverted to defending "my turf" for some reason. Of course if I choose to, I can rifle through a mental list of all the reasons why I am justified, but that never solves the problem. It always helps to refocus and figure out where we need to go collectively, and then how best to get there. Together. It's hard work. But we are a team, and the work has produced great satisfaction in our marriage.

This photo is from our honeymoon.  Can anyone guess what city is in the background?

UPDATE: Check the comments for a winning answer! Here are some more honeymoon shots. Makes me want to go back!!


3 comments:

A Thinker said...

Vancouver?

Enjoying the couple photos - keep it up!

Tracy P. said...

Wuh hoo! You go girl! We went on an Alaskan cruise through the inside passage--totally breathtaking! Our port of departure was, indeed, Vancouver. Thanks for not being bored with my sappy posts.

A Thinker said...

Looks like a great time! I've heard that's an amazing trip. Both of my parents have taken that route (different trips - post divorce) and both said it was beautiful.