Monday, April 9, 2007

Transformed!





I love Easter. I love how Easter morning changes everything. Jesus said, "It is finished" on the cross. But it wasn't until Sunday that there was proof positive for his weary and confused followers.

We had fun celebrating this year. The kids really took it all in. From the triumphal entry on Palm Sunday, to the somber Passover meal on Maundy Thursday, to resurrection morning. We used a book entitled "Benjamin's Box" to trace the path of Jesus's last week through the eyes of a child, and gathered artifacts for a box of our own along the way. And of course we decorated Easter eggs. The delight on Ben and Bethany's faces as they crafted their masterpieces reminds me of the delight our Savior takes in transforming us. Our Redeemer lives!

1 comment:

Mom4Him said...

Great idea for Easter - the box. Who wrote that book? Another one I'd like to pick up for whem my guy is old enough to do stuff like this.