Friday, April 27, 2007

Lessons from my garden: Growth



What do you see in this photo? I see a fabulous Mother's Day present. It took me a couple of years in this house before I realized that my crab apple tree was near full bloom every year on Mother's Day. We actually have four of them, but the one in front is by far the biggest, and I can hardly get enough of it in the short time it's blooming. It's a nice enough tree anytime, but for about a week each spring, it is GLORIOUS!!

I'm thankful for the eternal God who has been around long enough to see the big picture. He sees us and our circumstances from the perspective of completion. I'm so glad that where I see my own immaturities, he knows his plans to nurture and enable me to grow. "He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

No comments: