Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Simply Thankful: Lessons from November

DSC_0060

Photo 52, Week 47:  Thankful

DSC_0040

When it became evident that I would be driving my kids to school this year 
instead of sending them out to the bus,
the thoughts that filled my head
were not necessarily pleasant.

DSC_0026

Leaving the house at 7:15 AM in the dark and cold?
No thank you.

DSC_0047

But somehow the most dreary days
are when I've seen things that have made me want to go back
and grab my camera.

DSC_0134

And thankfully, some days I can.

DSC_0050

DSC_0037

November has been busy!
Some days I can't see the forest through the trees.
It has not been much of a blogging month.

DSC_0077

But the month that I usually consider bleak and barren

DSC_0091

has proven to be much more beautiful
than I typically notice from the safety of the kitchen window.

DSC_0100

DSC_0104

DSC_0120

One thing I've failed to notice before
is the way the ice reflects light and color
before it is covered with snow.

DSC_0176

DSC_0212

DSC_0221

And also, that once the lake is frozen and you can't skip stones anymore,
people apparently slide them across the ice for entertainment instead.

DSC_0227

November also seemed to want to tell me this year

DSC_0268

that brown is woefully underrated,

DSC_0146

DSC_0254

DSC_0278

and that if I can't find a little color in my world,

DSC_0276

I may not be looking hard enough
or in the right places.

DSC_0310

Photo 52, Week 48:  Photographer's Choice

DSC_0340

But maybe my favorite lesson
was that everything can change in the time it takes to walk around the lake.

DSC_0252_1


May God grant you the gift of sufficient grace
 to find the color in your life
this Thanksgiving!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Unbelievably gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Tracy.
Cathy Benton

Skeller said...

I just have a hunch that God loves that you love the beauty He creates, that you take time to see & savor the small details. These images (time/place/detail) feel like His small mercies, gifts really, to greet you along the path to which He's called you for this season.