Saturday, August 21, 2010

Backing up

As of this moment, my computer is, shall we say, comatose. So I have done all the backing up I can, and hope to be back in action soon.

That to say, I have no photos. To post. I have backed at least most of them up. Thankfully.

So here's a picture you can just imagine for yourself. I was invited (as an "involved parent in the district") to a meeting at 7:30 in the morning with the superintendant and presumably some other invitees. As a former teacher, these types of meetings were the norm for me and no big deal. But 11 years later, I am never anywhere but home at 7:30, and haven't frequented a professional setting since back in the day.

I walk into the auditorium and introduce myself to the superintendant, take my seat in the third row behind the other handful of attenders, and proceed to take my glasses out so I can read the handout. Wow, it's early to be reading, I think to myself, wondering why my glasses seem only to make it worse. I clean them inconspicuously on the hem of my shirt, and commence again with my reading, peering over my specs to listen in on the pre-meeting conversation. Still the reading is so cloudy and I am aging by the minute.

The problem? I was peering over...








...my sunglasses.


Now go, back up your hard drive for heaven's sake! You'll be so glad you did!

5 comments:

Melissa Mae said...

..but you are aging SO GRACEFULLY!! Love you and your transparency.

Betty W said...

LOL! Can just imagine it. :)
Backup....what´s that? J/k, I know what it is, but no one has taught it to me yet, so I´m really at risk here. I will have to look into that. I wouldn´t want to loose all my photos.

Joy said...

Tracy that is hilarious. I'm with you I'm not anywhere at 7:30 a.m.
Although life is changing as Paige starts school on Monday at 7:25 a.m. so she better get her sunglasses out and ready to go haha.

I have an external hard drive and I'm really hopeing its working. It makes noises some times so I'm assuming that is its back up mode.

Hope you get your puter back working for you.
♥ Joy

Allegro ma non troppo said...

Glasses suck. Life with perfect vision would be sooooooo lovely...

stefanie said...

Hahaha! Too bad there isn't some external brain back up for those of us who are aging.