Thursday, March 19, 2009

For the birds

I was trying to go wordless with the experience of our latest morning ritual. But that was really for the birds. 

Every morning since their arrival, these beautiful creatures have been gathering at daybreak like a crowd of worshipers in joyous anticipation. No need for an alarm clock here. Their songs are an equally reliable and far more pleasant proclamation of the gift of a brand new day.

Some seem to wait in the trees with the highest branches, wanting to be the first to see the sun. Others come to the crabapple tree outside our window, too hungry to wait.  


Typically they leave just before daybreak, as if to escape the camera's eye.

But today they lingered just a few minutes longer.  Lovely.


By the way, I am guest blogging today over at "The Rewind".  I'm hosting a discussion about William P. Young's novel The Shack.  If you've read it, I bet you have an opinion!  Come check it out, and share your thoughts.  There will be a few different posts dedicated to discussing the book.

8 comments:

Joy said...

These pictures are great Tracy. Their little bellies look so full.

I haven't been able to join in on the discussion on The Shack. It's been awhile since I've read it and I'm still trying to scrounge up votes for this travel contest.
Some thought you just had to comment, but she needs the vote recorded on the right sidebar. I'm having to go back and retrace some steps. My husband is just ready to buy me a plane ticket and put me out of my (his) misery.

Joy

Melissa B. said...

WOW...Such Superior Snaps! A wonderful way to welcome Spring, I'd say.

Skeller said...

I absolutely LOVE THESE. We don't have this brand of bird, or tree, or ... winter. ;-) So very lovely.

The Shack. Gosh, there's a book that brings about heated discussion! ;-)

Aunt Julie said...

Aren't you glad that Spring's right around the corner? I worked in the yard all day today...hope I have enough energy to do some more cleaning up out there tomorrow!

Melissa B. said...

BTW: Please don't forget Sx3 today...I'm doing a video with a "back to nature" theme...

stefanie said...

They are beautiful! I'm surprised there is anything left for them to eat.

HOPE said...

Just LOVE these bird photos... I watch them in my yard and we "tweetle" together often! They love to come down the branches to get a little bit closer look at the other "tweeter"...ME.

Great photography!
God bless..
HOPE

Marrdy said...

I love these pictures. So beautiful.