Thursday, September 13, 2007

Back from tea time






Thanks to all of you who stopped by the garden to enjoy tea with us. It was fun to have a lot of new visitors. I do hope you'll come back--I'd love a little company on my journey anytime! Special thanks to those who said hello.

I made it to quite a few tea parties myself this week (more about that here), and met many amazing women in the blogosphere putting their gifts of hospitality to use right on their blogs! Talk about beautiful.

As for me, I took a spiritual gifts inventory once, and came out in negative numbers on hospitality. Seriously! (The creators of that inventory may also have lacked that particular gift!) But soon after that I noticed that my new Bible actually had a typo in Romans 12:13. It's supposed to say, "Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality." But mine said "practice hospitality" twice! So you need to practice, I thought. And I did. I'm glad God goes to the extra effort to make His point sometimes.

I learned a few other things at tea time:

1. Sometimes the best way to find the beauty in life is to remember what you have that you'd forgotten about, and put it to good use.

2. I found that (I'm only speaking for myself here!) it's easy to put on a beautiful tea when the guests aren't going to see what the rest of your house looks like. I hope I'm not finding it this easy to just keep up a good appearance in the other areas of my life (especially my character) and settle for that.

3. By definition a treat is something that's enjoyed occasionally. It seems to me that much of the enjoyment of life is determined by the extent to which we pace ourselves. Tea is a treat, and I'm going to remember where this tea party began so that I can drink it in a little at a time in future moments of quiet!

And now, back to the simpler things!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great thoughts Tracy. I like the guests at this party :)
My parents families escaped out of Russia into Iran in the early 30's. My maternal grandfather died in Iran before he could immigrate to the U.S. Lots to the story with lots of miracles from God. Wouldn't it be fun to sit down to tea and share our stories...
blessings.

Tina Leavy said...

enjoyed visiting your blog.
hope you'll stop by and visit mine once in a while... even though the virtual tea party has drawn to a close.

Nihal said...

Dear Tracy,
This blog is also another inspiring one after enchanting MakeMinePink. Absolutely enjoyed very much reading your most recent post. Tea maybe an excuse but what the most important is the treats, treasures and the unforgettable moments in the life. Thanks a lot for your kind visiting my blog and come again for a while. I'd like to add yours into my friends' link being my new ''Daisy'':)

Oh before forgetting, regarding the purchase of any tea set, needless to get worry. Yes, ours is specifically designed glass set together with its characteristic teapot. Those unique items only a part of this country's culture. I could be helpful to you with no hesitation. Just let me know, that's enough:)

Lots of love & Have a blessed Sunday.

Nihal

Dee Light said...

What a wondrful tea!!! And yes, oh yes it is easier to put on a tea when the guests don't see the rest of the house. I invited my daughter and 2 of her friends, and their mom (but we have seen each others homes in a mess, so there was no stess there.)

Loved you photos and thoughts!!!

Amy @ The Cottage Gate said...

Hi Tracy, nice to meet you - thanks for visiting my tea party last week. Love your thoughts - great words for me to ponder...

Mom4Him said...

I don't totally get the tea party concept, but it sounds cool! Something to do with the group blog perhaps?