Wednesday, June 13, 2007

God's Tattoos



"See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands." Isaiah 49:16

I came across this verse recently, spoken by the Lord to his people. It occurred to me that you can't "un-engrave" something. It's permanent. And to engrave something on your hands, that would be a tattoo. Now it just so happens that my kids LOVE their tattoos. In fact, I have to admit, they don't wash their hands very well when they have them. After a few days, they just look like they have dirty hands. But they are still loving the memory.

Can't you just imagine God's hands? It's one thing to think of our names being written in the Lamb's book of life, but another thing entirely to picture them engraved on the palms of his hands. Hmmm...right beside the scars.

Now each time the kids put a tattoo on their hands, I remember that I'm God's tattoo. It makes me grin from ear to ear...how he loves us!

No comments: