Monday, March 5, 2007

Echoes

I love it when God is trying to get my attention, and he brings a certain passage across my path from multiple directions until I catch on. I must confess that sometimes this can take awhile. But yesterday in church and today at a Moms In Touch meeting our time was started with these verses:

"Clap your hands, all you nations;
shout to God with cries of joy.
How awesome is the Lord Most High,
the great King over all the earth!"
Psalm 47:1-2
I didn't have much time to reflect on it yesterday, but this morning I did. I love that He is the Lord Most High. He is the absolute and perfect authority--perfectly just and perfectly loving. He doesn't have opinions--he is right in all he thinks and does. He is more than discerning--he knows completely the heart and truth of every matter. His perceptions are fully informed in every way. That makes me want to clap! If only we could get him to run for president...on second thought, I wouldn't want him to resign his current position: the great King over all the earth! Is anyone singing with me?
"Throughout the endless ages
You will be crowned with praises,
Lord Most High
Exalted in every nation
Sovereign of all creation
Lord Most High
Be magnified."

No comments: