Sunday, November 15, 2009

You are gonna LOVE this!

My friend Marlene over at Stitchin' By the Lake posted a cake recipe the other day that I feel obligated to share, because it would just be wrong to keep it to myself. It is the easiest cake EVER. Two ingredients:

One dry cake mix
(Marlene used chocolate, but I used carrot cake.)

One can of pumpkin. (The smaller one, 15 oz. or whatever it is.)

That's it!


Mix together and spread into a 9x13 pan. Marlene warned us that
it doesn't settle into the pan, so spread it evenly. She was right.

Bake at 350ยบ for 25 minutes. Give or take.

Now, while it's baking, do you know how much fat there is in a serving of pumpkin? None. Sodium? None. Cholesterol? None. Sugar? 4 grams. Fiber? Lots! Vitamin A? About a week's worth.

Check after 25 minutes to see if it's done. It will be dense and moist and absolutely yummy! Frost if desired. I used cream cheese frosting. (From a can--obviously--why ruin something perfectly simple?) It's heavenly. I'm calling it

Miracle Cake.


You're welcome. But you should really go thank Marlene.

UPDATED: You can make any cake mix this way, BUT...I made chocolate this way and wouldn't do it again. Marlene would. Someone else made a yellow cake this way and promised me she couldn't taste the pumpkin. You may or may not be able to. But with carrot cake, YUMMMMM!!! I promise. Spice cake too.

10 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

That looks very yummy! I have neveer hear of pumpkin in a can before - would it be the consistency of mashed pumpkin? Maybe that's what I could use.

Melissa Mae said...

Givinya, it is funny that you've never heard of pumpkin in a can. I hadn't considered until a couple of years ago that pureed pumpkin could come any other way!!

Tracy, I will have to try this soon!

Tracy P. said...

Givinya lives in Australia, Melissa. ;-)

I've already sent her a message that mashing it would throw the easy factor right out the window. Healthy, yes, but...

Dea said...

That looks delicious! I really want some cake now! Lol. And thank you for the sweet comments you left =]

Betty W said...

Looks very yummy and you made me soooo hungry now! :)

Janette said...

I'm making it now...with yellow cake mix and in cupcake form for our small group tomorrow night. They smell heavenly :o) Thanks for posting!

Melissa B. said...

Wow...I will try this instead of a pie this week, I think. My friend Carmen, as you may recall, is getting better by the day. She still needs some sustenance, though, and this funky cake just might do the trick!

Skeller said...

yummmm. I'm totally going to make this!!! thanks for sharing!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Your pictures are wonderful! Next time I want to post a recipe we need to collaborate - you do the pics and I'll do the cooking. Oops, I'm the one who burns things. Whatever.... blessings, marlene

Joy said...

That's it...Really....I will do this for Thanksgiving. I know I have a coupon for a cake mix. :0


Joy